Current Affairs 1 August rajras.in
Includes: Current Affairs 31 July (Sunday)
- Strategic Forces Command (SFC) exempted from RTI
- A notification issued by Union Government said the Strategy Forces Command was being brought under sub-section (2) of Section 24 of the RTI. Hence, SFC has been added to Second Schedule of the Right to Information Act (RTI), 2005.
- The Section 24 of the RTI exempts security and intelligence establishments from its purview and so from now on, RTI will also not be applicable for SFC.
- Second Schedule: Includes 26 intelligence and security agencies, which are exempted from RTI.
- What is Strategic Forces Command (SFC)?
- SFC is part of National Command Authority (NCA), and is responsible for the management and administration of the country’s tactical and strategic nuclear weapons.
- Created: January 4, 2003.
- Why: To operationalize directives given by NCA.
- Headed by a Commander-in-Chief of the rank of Air Marshal.
- First Commander-in-Chief of SFC: Air Marshal Teja Mohan Asthana.
- Current: Lieutenant General Amit Sharma
- The Nuclear Command Authority (NCA)
- NCA is the authority responsible for command, control and operational decisions regarding India’s nuclear weapons program.
- NCA is made-up of two councils Political Council & Executive Council
- Political Council, Chaired by PM & advised by Executive Council.
- Political Council can authorize use of Nuclear Weapons.
- Executive Council, Chaired by National Security Advisor (NSA).
- It directs Strategic Forces Command (SFC).
- NCA has been created to ensure that the nuclear weapons are under civilian control (elected government).
- 30 July: World Day against Trafficking in Persons
- Why? To increase awareness against Human trafficking
- In 2013, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had designated July 30 as the World Day against Trafficking in Persons by adopting resolution A/RES/68/192.
- Indian Constitution:
- Fundamental Right: Article 23 – Prohibition of traffic in human beings and forced labour
- North-East Rain & floods- 37 lakh displaced:
- Blood supply improves, but India still faces a shortfall of 10 per cent
- Facts from NEWS
- Positive Extreme: Delhi has surplus Bloods availability of 233%
- Negative Extreme: Bihar: 85% Shortage
- There are total of 2708 blood banks in India, however, 81 districts spread across 17 States do not have a blood bank
- Human Blood Facts:
- Consists of blood cells suspended in blood Plasma.
- Blood cells include: RBC, WBC & blood Platelets.
- Blood makes up about 7 percent of your body’s weight.
- Main Protein in Blood: Albumin
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]
You should visit rajras for knowledge/information related to RAS/IAS syllabus, study material & current affairs.