This article describes in brief important historical places of Bhilwara:
Historical Places of Bhilwara:
Mandalgarh Fort Bhilwara is believed to have been built by Rana Kumbha and is the 3rd fort of Mewar region, the other two being Chittoragrh and Kumbhalgarh. However, According to Veer Vinod, the fort had been constructed by Mandiya Bhil and Chanana Gurjar. The fort is located on a part of Aravali hill range along confluence of Banas, Berach & Menali,
Badnore Fort is situated at asind road and distance is 70 km from Bhilwara.
Bhilwara has the famous Ramdwara of Ramsnehi Sampraday. The founder Guru of the sampraday was Swami Ramcharanji Maharaj, who preached his followers here later, he moved to Shahpura, 50 km from Bhilwara, where the present headquarters of Ram Snehi Sampraday known as Ram Niwas Dham is located.
- Battis Khambon ki Chhatri. This place is situated in Mandal far 16 km from Bhilwara city. It has chhatri made of sandstone with 32 pillars.
- Pur Udan Chatri
Famous temples of Bhilwara:
- Harni Mahadev – Founded by the ancestors of the Darak family, a Shivling lies under the mountain, built into a Shiva temple is 8 km from the city.Near this place a very nice garden “Samriti Van” is situated.
- Chamunda mata Mandir – located on the same hill of Harni Mahadev
- Adhar Sheela Mahadev- where a huge rock is resting on a small one, is located at Pur.
- Tilesva Mahadev Mandir – is located in Bijauliya tehsil.
- Mandakini Mandir – Bijauliya- There are three temples and one pond. The “Lkulish” statue at the entrance of main gate of this temple. On the main gate there are two statue of Parvati and Ganesh are situated. The temples are “Hajareshwar Mahadev” and “Undeshwar” also situated here.
- Swaibhoj Temple: This temple is situated in Asind tehsil and is famous religious place of “Gurjar” community. The place where this place is situated is called “Gosth Dadawat”. A small pond is exist with the name of “Rathora Talab” or “Prem Sagar”. The fair is held on “Bhadrapad Chhath” in a year.
- Dhanop Mataji: This famous temple of “Maa Durga” is Approximately 85 km far away from Bhilwara in shahpura tehsil.
- Bagore Sahib is Sh. Guru Govind Singh Ji stayed here when he was on journey to Punjab. This historical Gurdwara is situated at a distance of 20 km from town Mandal in Village Bagore of Tehsil Mandal, District Bhilwara, Rajasthan. This holy place has been blessed by the visit of the Tenth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- Kyara ke Balaji has a natural image of Lord Hanuman. It is said that the image spontaneously appeared on the rock. Patola Mahadev Temple,Ghata Rani Temple, Beeda ke Mataji Temple and Neelkanth Mahadev Temple are nearby attractions situated on the beautiful hills of the Aravali mountain range.