GS 3 Books for IAS Mains General Studies 3 (Paper 4):
General Studies 3 (GS 3 Books: Syllabus) Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
GS 3 Books: Economic Development
Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization, of resources, growth, development and employment.
Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
GS 3 Books: Agriculture
- Land reforms in India.
- Major crops-cropping patterns in various parts of the country, – different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e- technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope’ and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- No good books, to be read from PDF’s & Websites
GS 3 Books: Technology
- Science and Technology- developments and their applications and effects in everyday life.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
- Science & Technology by Spectrum – English
GS 3 Books: Environment & Disaster Management
Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
- Best Book: Shankar IAS – Environment – English |
Disaster and disaster management.
Environment and Ecology: Biodiversity, Climate Change and Disaster Management for Civil Services Examination – By Majid Hussain – English
GS 3 Books: Internal Security
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention.
- Security challenges and their management in border areas – linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
- Internal Security for UPSC – English