GS 2 Websites-PDF for IAS Mains General Studies GS – 2 (Paper 3)
General Studies- II: Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
GS 2 Websites-PDF: Indian Constitution
- Indian Constitution—historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries.
- Parliament and State legislatures—structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary—Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies.
- Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act.
- Basic Structure of Constitution – Revisited- The Hindu
GS 2 Websites-PDF: Government Schemes & Policies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- List of Government Schemes- Wikipedia
- RajRAS Government Schemes
- Mrunal Sir Lecture on Government Policy – Youtube
GS 2 Websites-PDF: Social Sector
- Development processes and the development industry —the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
GS 2 Websites-PDF: Governance
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Good Governance initiatives in India
- e-Governance initiatives by Insightsonindia
- Mrunal: e-Governance Lecture – Youtube
GS 2: Websites-PDF: International Relations & Institutions
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.