On 4th May 2020, Rajasthan State Health Minister Shri Raghu Sharma launched the free medical teleconsultation service by dedicating esanjeevani web-portal. With the help of this portal, people can avail quality medical tele-consultancy services free from home. Currently, 100 health institutions across the state have been identified & a team of 30 doctors has been providing these services through web-portal. One can get tele-consultancy services for common diseases from 8 am to 2 pm.
What is eSanjeevani Web-Portal ?
eSanjeevaniOPD – Stay Home OPD has been developed by Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in Mohali. eSanjeevaniOPD is based on eSanjeevani – Government of India’s flagship telemedicine technology developed by C-DAC, Mohali.
eSanjeevani is a doctor to doctor telemedicine system is being deployed nationally for the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare at Health and Wellness Centres under Ayushman Bharat Scheme of Government of India.
As per World Health Organisation, telemedicine is the delivery of health care services, where distance is a critical factor, by all health care professionals using IT for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and injuries, research and evaluation, etc, all in the interests of advancing the health of individuals and their communities.What is Telemedicine ?
Medical Teleconsultation use IT to facilitate communications between a patient and a doctor who are otherwise geographically separated. National Teleconsultation Service of Govt. of India enables teleconsultations over the Internet.What is Medical Teleconsultation ?
What is the Process of Consultation at eSanjeevaniOPD ?
- User verifies his/her mobile no. using OTP
- Fills Patient Registration Form
- eSanjeevaniOPD assigns a Patient ID
- User requests a token for consultation
- Uploads health records, if any
- User receives Patient ID & Token through SMS
- Closer to the turn eSanjeevaniOPD sends a SMS notification asking user to login
- User logs in using Patient ID
- Patient enters the clinic and is placed at the end of the existing queue. If there is no queue you will be placed at serial no. 1
- eSanjeevaniOPD assigns a doctor to the patient (time interval depends on the length of the queue)
- As the doctor is assigned to the patient “CALL NOW” button gets activated
- User is required to click “CALL NOW” button within 120 seconds*
- Upon clicking “CALL NOW” within 10 seconds the doctor shows up in video
- Patient consults the doctor
- During the consultation doctor has an access to the patient’s health records (if uploaded at 5)
- During the consultation, doctor prepares an electronic prescription (ePrescription)
- At the end of the consultation doctor sends the ePrescription and closes the call
- ePrescription shows up on patient’s end.
- Patient logs out after saving/printing the received ePrescription
- After the call eSanjeevaniOPD sends SMS notification to the patient with a link to download ePrescription