ePIC – Digital Voter ID Card launched in Rajasthan
On the occasion of 11th National Voter’s Day (25th January), the Election Commission of India launched e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) programme where you can generate & download a Digital Voter ID Card.
What is Digital Voter ID Card or ePIC Card ?
Digital Voter ID Card is an e-EPIC (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card). The e-EPIC is a non-editable secure portable document format (PDF) version of the EPIC (approx. 250 KB) which can be downloaded on mobile or in a self-printable form on the computer.
A voter can thus store the card on his mobile, upload it on Digi locker or print it and self-laminate it. This is in addition to physical IDs known as PVC EPIC being issued for fresh registration.
The e-EPIC will also have a secured QR code with the serial number, part number, date of poll, etc along with the image of the voter for identification.
This will be the first time that the government will issue voter identity cards in digital formats. Other identity proofs like the Aadhaar card, PAN card, driving licence are already available in the digital format.
What is e-PIC Initiative ?
The Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card (ePIC) programme was officially launched on January 25 and allows voters to download a soft copy of their voter cards from the website of the Election Commission.
The e-EPIC initiative would be launched in two phases:-
- First phase– It will start from From January 25 to 31, 2021. Only new voters can apply for the voter-ID card and register their mobile numbers in Form-6 to download the e-EPIC by authenticating their mobile number. The mobile numbers should be unique and not be previously registered.
- Second phase– It will start from February 1, 2021 and will be open for the general voters. People who have given their mobile numbers (linked one) they can also download their e-EPIC.
Voters who do not have their phone numbers linked with the Commission will have to reverify their details with the EC and get their mobile number linked to avail of the download feature.
How to Download Digital Voter ID Card ?
- Log on to https://voterportal.eci.gov.in/, or https://nvsp.in/Account/Login
- If you do not have an account, then create an account through your mobile number or email ID.
- If you already have an account, then log in and click on the option of download E-EPIC.
- The download facility is available from 11.14am onwards on January 25.
- Voter Helpline Mobile App: Android — iOS
- Frequently asked Questions
Digital Voter ID Card in Rajasthan
On 25th January, the digital voter ID card facility was also launched in Rajasthan and the ePIC card was presented to Governor Kalraj Mishra, who was the chief guest at the National Voters’ Day function. The e-EPIC cards were issued to Chief Secretary Niranjan Arya and State Election Commissioner P S Mehra as well.
In the first phase across State, by January 31, 2021, 2.64 lakh newly registered voters will be able to download e-EPIC cards whose unique mobile numbers are available in the voter list database.
Currently, mobile numbers of around 44 lakh voters in the state are available in the voter list database.