eGram Swaraj Portal: All you need to Know
On the occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day 2020, PM Modi launched eGram Swaraj Portal and Svamitva Yojana for development of villages. The e-GramSwaraj portal is intended to help prepare and execute Gram Panchayat Development Plans. The portal will ensure real time monitoring and accountability. The portal aims to be major step towards digitization down to the Gram Panchayat level.
The Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 came into force with effect from 24th April, 1993 and gave constitutional status to Panchayati Raj institutions (PRI’s). In 2010, GOI in consultation with the States, decided to celebrate 24th April as National Panchayati Raj Day. Consequently, the first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated in 2010. Since then, the National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated on April 24 every year in India.Brief History of National Panchayati Raj Day
What is eGram Swaraj Portal /App?
The E-Gram Swaraj Portal /App is a step to make Gram Panchayats digital. The egramswaraj.gov.in portal is one single interface on which the details of development works will be listed panchayat wise. The platform will provide records of work from planning to the implementation in every village panchayat under Gram Panchayati Development Plan (GPDP).
eGram Swaraj is one of the applications developed as part of Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES) under e-panchayat Mission Mode Project (MMP) of Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MOPR).
Main Features of eGram Swaraj Portal:
- Single platform for all planning and accounting needs of the Panchayats
- Panchayat Profile: Maintains Panchayat profile with Election Details, Elected Members, Committee, etc.
- Planning: Facilitates the planning of activities and action plan creation.
- Accounting: Facilitates the work-based accounting and monitoring of funds
- Asset Directory: Stores all the immovable and movable assets
- Progress Reporting: Records the physical and financial progress of approved activities
- Simple and User-Friendly
- Work-flow Enabled
- Assets available on Gram Manchitra GIS
- Supports multi-tenancy; multiple tenants in the same instance.
- Strong Authentication Mechanism
- Based on Open Source technologies
- Web-based and available 24X7
- Technical architecture supports inter-operability with other PES products
What will be the benefits of eGram Swaraj Portal /App?
- The portal will bring transparency and speed up the work of projects.
- The biggest advantage of this will be that every person in the village will know about the developmental project and the money spent on it.
- The portal will give boost to e-governance in the Panchayati raj institutions across the nation and work towards digitization of work at the Gram Panchayat level. This in turn would improve the accountability.
Who can create an account on the eGram Swaraj Portal /App?
- Anybody can create an account on the Gram Swaraj Portal and know about the developmental works of villages.
- eGram Swaraj – Webportal