Economy of Rajasthan: Macro Indicators 2017
Key Macro Indicators of Economic Development 2017 (Based on Economic Review 2017-18, Published Feb-2018)
- Gross State Domestic Product of Rajasthan at:
- (a) Constant (2011-12) Prices: 6,41,940 Crores
- (b) Current Prices: 8,40,263 Crores
- Economic Growth Rate as per GSDP at:
- (a) Constant (2011-12) Prices: 7.16%
- (b) Current Prices: 10.67%
- Sectoral Contribution of GVA at Current Prices by
- (a) Agriculture: 24.76%
- (b) Industry: 27.83%
- (c) Services: 47.41%
- Net State Domestic Product at
- (a) Constant (2011-12) Prices: 573,628 Crores
- (b) Current Prices: 757,483 Crores
- Per Capita Income at
- (a) Constant (2011-12) Prices: 76,146 INR
- (b) Current Prices: 100,551 INR
**Quote above figures in answers related to Economy of Rajasthan
Twelfth FiveYear Plan (2012-17)
An outlay of 1, 96,992 crore has been proposed for Twelfth Five Year Plan. The major head-wise proposed allocations are:
Economic Growth Targets:
Price Inflation Indices Rajasthan:
- The Directorate of Economics and Statistics (DES) has been collecting the wholesale and retail prices of the essential commodities regularly, since 1957 from selected centres across the State on weekly basis.
- The Consumer Price Indices for industrial workers are prepared and released by the Labour Bureau, Shimla for Jaipur, Ajmer and Bhilwara centres of the State.
- The DES also prepares Building Construction Cost Index for Jaipur Centre.
Wholesale Price Index (WPI) Rajasthan
- Base Year 1999-2000=100
- The primary use of the state level WPI is in computation of GSDP as an indicator.
- WPI serves as an important determinant in formulation of trade, fiscal and other economic policies by the government.
- It is also widely used by the banks, industries and business circles. It is released on monthly
- It covers 154 commodities, of which 75 are from ‘Primary Articles’ group, 69 fromManufactured Products’ group and 10 from ‘Fuel and Power’ group.
- The Wholesale Price Index for all commodities moved from 282.61 in the year 2016 to 290.55 in the year 2017 (upto Nov., 2017) registering an increase of 2.81 percent.
Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- At present there are four different types of Consumer Price Indices are being constructed every month. They are Consumer Price Index for
- Industrial Workers (CPI-IW)
- Agricultural Labourers (CPI-AL)
- Rural Labourers (CPI-RL) and
- Rural, Urban (CPI-R&U).
- The first three indices are constructed and released by the Labour Bureau, Shimla and the fourth one by the Central Statistical Office (CSO), New Delhi.
- The General index of consumer price for the year 2017 recorded an increase (upto Nov., 2017) of 4.28%, 1.17% and 1.86% at Jaipur, Ajmer and Bhilwara Centre respectively over the previous year.