Download Economic Survey 2020 PDF- English Hindi
The annual Economic Survey 2020 was tabled in Parliament on Friday (31 January 2020) by Finance Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman. The survey has been prepared by Chief economic adviser Krishnamurthy Subramanian.
What is Economic Survey ?
The Economic Survey is an annual document that reviews the developments in the economy over the previous 12 months. The document summarises the performance on major development programmes, highlights the policy initiatives of the government and analyses the prospects of the economy in the short to medium-term. It is a detailed report card on the economic performance throughout the financial year.
Every year, the Economic Survey is tabled in the Parliament a day before the Union Budget.
Economic Survey 2020 (2019-20): Important Highlights
- The theme for The Economic Survey 2019-20 is “Wealth Creation“.
- The Economic Survey 2019-20 presents “Thalinomics”- an attempt to relate economics to the common person using something that he or she encounters every day – a plate of food i.e. a Thali.
- The Survey’s conceptualisation of wealth creation, presents a synthesis of the old and the new, be it in the combination of ancient Indian tradition with contemporary evidence or in suggesting the use of FinTech for our Public Sector Banks. The survey cover conveys synthesis as well, with the lavender of the new “` 100 note” coming together with the one of older currency notes – that of Rs. 100.
- The Survey consists of two volumes:
- Volume I attempts to capture ideas that encapsulate “economic freedom and wealth creation”, provides evidence based economic analyses of recent economic developments to enable informed policymaking.
- Volume II reviews recent developments in the major sectors of the economy and is supported by relevant statistical tables and data.
Download Economic Survey 2019-20
List of chapters: Economic Survey 2019-20