Following are the different breeds of camel found in Rajasthan:
- Found in Bikaner, Gangangar, Hanumangarh & Churu
- Found mostly in Jodhpur & Nagaur districts
- This breed is fast-runner variety of camels.
- Origin from Nachna Village in Jaisalmer
- Camel of Jaisalmeri breed are found in Jaisalmer, barmer, and jodhpur
- Camel of this variety are mainly found in Barmer & Jalore
- Camel of this variety are mainly found in Jalore & Sirohi
- This breed is extensively used for carrying loads
- This variety is mainly found in Udaipur, Chittorgarh, Pratapgarh & Ajmer.
- This breed to camel is famous for distant-transport and it is also a very fast runner
- This variety is mainly found in Jodhpur and Nagaur
- Found in Nagaur & Churu
- Found in Bikaner & Churu
- Alwari camel breed is mostly found in East-Rajasthan.
Breeds of Camel found in Rajasthan