Current Affairs: 2nd July
1. NASA’s Juno spacecraft swims into Jupiter’s magnetosphere.
2. Report on animal and plant discoveries of 2015, was released on Friday by Union Minister of State for Environment Forest and Climate Change Prakash Javadekar. Most discoveries were made in the Eastern Himalaya region, which accounts for 19 per cent of the total discoveries followed by the Western Ghats (18 per cent) and Andaman and Nicobar Islands at about 15 per cent.
3. India’s first Integrated Defence Communication Network (DCN) was launched by Union Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar. First network that shall be used by Air force, Navy, Army & Special Forces Command.
4. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has inked a MoU with Advertising Standard Council of India (ASCI) to check misleading advertisements in the food and beverages sector. (Remember: FSSAI full-form).
5. Amul will sponsor Indian contingent in Rio Olympics
|First time entrants Kosovo and South Sudan|
|Brazil Capital: Brasilla|
|BRICS: Brazil, Russia, India, China & South Africa.|
|Last Summit: Ufa, Russia|
|Next Summit: Khajurao, India (Oct,16)|
|BRICS Bank: New Development bank. HQ: Shanghai, China|
6. First squadron of LCA Tejas inducted into Indian Air Force. First indigenous fighter: HF-24 Marut.
7. India was ranked low at 105th position out of 130 countries globally on the 2016 Human Capital Index (HCI), which was recently released in the World Economic Forum (WEF) report.
8. The Union Law Ministry has asked the Law Commission to examine in detail all issues pertaining to the Uniform Civil Code and submit a report to the government.
|Chairman: Dr. Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan|
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]