Current Affairs: August 6
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) & related projects development undertaken by DRDO:
- UAV – Nishant – useful for reconnaissance and monitoring of Naxal / terrorist infested areas.
- Wheeled version of Nishant UAV – Panchi
- Indigenous development of Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV
- Technology Initiative for the development of MALE UAV (Rustom-I)
- Development of Aeronauical Test Range at Chitradurga (Rustom-II)
- Development of Naval Rotary Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (NRUAV).
- Artillery gun ‘Dhanush’ handed over to Indian Army: 3 Nos.
- Special Features:
- 8 km more range than BOFORS Gun.
- Modified Double Baffle Muzzle Brake.
- 155 mm x 45 Calibre
- The Union government, in consultation with the RBI, has set an inflation target of 4 per cent
- Margin: 2%. Hence,
- Upper limit of 6 per cent and
- Lower limit of 2 per cent.
- It will be in effect till March 31, 2021.
- Advantage of using Margins: Allows Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of RBI to target long-term inflation and sail through Short-term business cycles.
- Identification of Failure: IF inflation remains outside the range of 2-6% for 3 consecutive quarters.
- Inflation is measure through Consumer Price Index (CPI). Present value – 5.8%
- Report: 19 Juang tribal children have died in the last three months
- Where: Nagada hills, Jajpur district, Odhisha
- Why: Malnutrition related diseases.
- Juang Tribe:
- One of the Particularly Vunerable Group (PVTG)s that belong to the Munda ethnic group
- Speak the Juang language, branch of the greater Austroasiatic language family
- Live in Keonjhar, Dhenkanal, Angul and Jajpur districts of Odisha.
- In a bid to lure passengers from airlines, the Indian Railways is planning introduce Maglev trains which can run at a top speed of 500 km an hour.
- Maglev: Trains and tracks that operate on the principle of magnetic levitation
- Maglev trains are in operation in China, Japan, Germany and South Korea
- Padam Shri & Sahitya Akademi award recipient, eminent Assamese writer and poet Mahim Bora died in Guwahati at the age of 92.
- In last week, there has been a lot of discussion on Special Category State with refrence to demand of Andhra Pradesh.
- Accordingly, The Hindu published FAQ on Special Category State.
Like page so that you don’t miss any important post:
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]
You can visit Rajras (Raj ras) – for knowledge/information related to RAS/IAS syllabus, study material & current affairs.