Current Affairs: 5th July
1. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu became the first Indian football player to play in UEFA Europa League.
2. PM to visit Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa and Kenya.
- Agenda of Visit: Cooperation against terrorism
Tanzania: Capital Dodoma
Mount Kilminjaro : Highest Peak in Africa
Lake Tanganyika: Deepest lake in Africa
Also has Lake Victoria: Source of River Nile
- Mozambique: Capital Maputo
- South Africa: Capital
Cape Town (legislative)
Largest city: Johannesburg
- Kenya: Capital Nairobi
Terrorist Group: Al-Shabaab (Of Somalia
3. Char Dhaam yatra disrupted due to rains:
Main 4 Dhaams: Badrinath, Dwarka, Puri and Rameswaram.
Chota 4 dhaam: 4 dhaams located in Himalayas. Yamnotri, gangotri, Badrinath, Kedarnath.
4. BRICS Youth Summit, 2016 was organized at Guwahati (Assam) from 1st to 3rd July, 2016. The Theme for the Summit was “Youth as bridge for Intra-BRICS Exchanges”
5. Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga or Raja Yoga.
Path to Yoga: 8 fold (8 Stage)
- Yama – Moral
- Niyama – Rule/Social Discipline
- Asana – Excercise ( different asanas)
- Pranayama – Regulation of the life force
- Pratyahara – Withdrawal of the senses
- Dharana – holding / collection or concentration of the mind
- Dhyana – meditation
- Samadhi – State of eternal bliss (Mind becomes still)
Why Yoga day on 21st June: Because 21st june is longest day in northern hemisphere (shortest in Southern), suggested by PM Modi.