Current Affairs: 30th July
Current Affairs(rajras.in) 30th July
- BRICS: first Employment Working Group meeting held in Hyderabad
- Consensus between BRICS countries achieved on employment generation, social security agreement and networking of labour institutes.
- Agenda was set to promote decent work and promote job creation between BRICS countries.
- After the Parliament passed the Bill banning employment of children below 14 years of age, India will be able to ratify two International Labour Organisation (ILO) Conventions, 138 & 182, on the abolition of all forms of child labour.
- ILO Convention 138: says that the minimum age for employment should not be less than the age of completion of compulsory schooling (14 years of age in India’s case).
- ILO Convention 182: calls for the need to formulate legislation for prohibition and elimination of the worst forms of child labour.
- 29 July: International Tiger Day
- Noted Tabla maestro Pandit Lachu Maharaj (Lakshmi Narayan Singh) passed away in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Colachel no threat to Vizhinjam: Prime Minister
- Colachel: New Enayam Port is coming up near Colachel in Tamil Naidu.
- Vizhinjam: New Vizhinjam International deep sea port is coming up near Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala
- Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor to be delayed
- India’s first Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor (PFBR) is coming up at Kalpakkam, Tamil Naidu
- Capacity: 500 Mw
- This is 2nd Stage reactor of India’s 3 Stage nuclear programme.
- What is 1st Stage: The 1st stage reactors are used currently for electricity production in various nuclear plants.
- Hence, the R & D is going on 2nd
- FBR: fuel – The Kalpakkam PFBR is using uranium-238 not thorium, to breed new fissile material, in a sodium-cooled fast reactor design.
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]
You can visit www.rajras.in – for knowledge/information related to RAS Exam /IAS Exam, syllabus, study material & current affairs.