Current Affairs: 23rd July
- Prime Minister Prime laid the foundation stone of All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and revival of fertilizer factory plant in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Senior IAS officer Ajay Bhushan Pandey was appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated the Petrapole Integrated Check Post (ICP) through Video Conferencing.
- Petrapole ICP is the biggest land port in South Asia and the largest land customs station in Asia.
- Fortune 500 List:
- Highest Indian: Indian Oil Corporation (161st)
- New Rajesh Exports (423) a Private Jewelry Company.
- Overall: Walmart (1st)
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has given its approval for installation of Ghatampur Thermal Power Project (GTPS) in Ghatampur, Uttar Pradesh.
- The GTPC project has capacity of 1980 MW (3 X 660 MW) and would be installed through a Joint Venture (JV) Company named Neyveli Uttar Pradesh Power Limited (NUPPL).
- Pokemon Go
- A location based Augmented-reality game that has been going Viral.
- Designer: John Hanke
- Other projects: Keyhole – Google acquired and now known as Google Earth.
- Facebook announced on Thursday it had completed its first successful test of its solar-powered Aquila drone, being developed to deliver internet service to remote areas of the world.
- The government is likely to approach Britain soon to get back the famed Kohinoor, one of the world’s largest diamonds, which is currently set in a royal crown on display in the Tower of London.
- History Kohinoor:
- 13th Century – Found near Guntur, Andhra Pradesh – Kakatiya Dynasty – Malik Kafur (Alauddin Khilji’s General) raided south & possibly acquired it. — Babur – Mughals – 1739 Nadir Shah Invaded Delhi, took it – Maharaja Ranjit Singh – Queen Victoria
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]
Rajras – a site dedicated to preparation of Rajasthan Administrative Services and Indian Administrative Services. Rajras provides free knowledge/information related to RAS/IAS syllabus, study material & current affairs.