Current Affairs: 16th July
- World Youth Skills Day: 15th July
- 2016 Theme: “Skills Development to Improve Youth Employment”.
- Union cabinet approved allocation of 12000 crore rupees to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Funds will be used to impart skill training to 60 lakh youths and certify skills of 40 lakh persons acquired non-formally.
- RBI has set up an inter-regulatory Working Group to study the regulatory issues relating to Financial Technology (Fintech) and Digital Banking in India.
- Headed by RBI’s Executive Director Sudarshan Sen.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has certified India as Yaws, Maternal and Neonatal Tetanus free country.
- August 2015: Neonatal & Maternal Tetanus free
- May 2016: YAWS free.
- Chronic bacterial infection that affects the skin, cartilages and bones.
- Caused by the spirochete bacterium Treponema pallidum pertenue.
- Spreads by direct contact with the fluid from a lesion of an infected person
- Asia-Europe Meeting Summit (ASEM11) or ASEM2016 began in Ulaanbaatar, Capital of Mongolia.
- The theme of the Summit is ‘Partnership for the Future through Connectivity‘.
- Includes 51 Countries + EU+ ASEAN
- Addresses political, economic and cultural issues between the two regions.
- DRDO successfully conducted proof firing tests of Armament system for 155 mm x 52 calibre New Advanced Towed Artillery Artillery Gun System (ATAGS).
- Conducted at: Proof & Experimental Establishment (PXE) in Balasore, Odisha.
- Rakesh Kumar Chaturvedi has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) have signed a 100 million dollars loan agreement for irrigation projects, drainage system and water management in Vennar sub-basin of Cauvery delta in Tamil Nadu.
- HQ: Manila, Philippines
- Collectively owned by 67 members – 48 from the region including India.
- Japan holds maximum shares.
- Regional Development Bank: dedicated to reduce poverty in Asia and the Pacific region
- India’s Chess Grand Master Harika Dronavalli has won the Fide Women’s Grand Prix trophy in Chendu, China.
- What is FIDE:
- Fédération Internationale des Échecs or World Chess Federation
- HQ: Athens, Greece
Link to Question & Answers of 16th July for Prelims: HERE
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]
Rajras – a site dedicated to preparation of Rajasthan Administrative Services and Indian Administrative Services. Rajras provides free knowledge/information related to RAS/IAS syllabus, study material & current affairs.