Current Affairs: 11th July
On Sundays (as yesterday), no daily current affairs will be published, instead revision current affairs of previous months shall be published. (Yesterday post: November – 2015)
Further, in preparation of any competitive exam, whether, UPSC/RAS/UPPCS ,the most important factor is revision. Hence, we recommend Sunday as REVISION DAY, aspirants should revise weekly and at-least one previous month current affairs. Current Affairs of Sunday shall be included on Current Affairs of Monday.
Current Affairs – 11th July
- Winners of 2016 Wimbledon: Tennis
- Singles Men: Andy Murray
- Singles Women: Serena Williams
- Location: Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom
- Pakistani philanthropist, social activist, humanitarian and ascetic Abdul Sattar Edhi passed away.
- Edhi Foundation: Humanitarian work in Pakistan, South Asia and across the World.
- Abdul Sattar Edhi, an autobiography: A mirror to the blind”
- DRDO has signed Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) with IIT-Bombay and Madras to establish a bi-nodal ‘Centre of Propulsion Technology’ (CoPT) at the two institutions.
- Captain Radhika Menon became the first woman in the world to receive the Award for Exceptional Bravery at Sea,from the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) for the year 2016.
- IMO – Head Quarter – London.
- Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) has constituted a cyber-cell to check the online abuse and harassment of women and children on social media platforms.
- International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN) has declared Bornean orangutan, a primate species as critically endangered.
- 4 New train design types – of Indian Railways
- Tejas – high-tech entertainment units, wi-fi facility and integrated braille displays, water level indicators for bio-toliets, CCTV, fire & smoke suppression system.
- Hamsafar – CCTV, smoke & fire suppression system
- Deen Dayalu – improved facilities for general class passengers
- Antodaya – fully unreserved passenger train.
- Telecom ministry is learnt to have cleared the Rs.3,500-crore 4G spectrum trading deal between service providers Bharti Airtel and Aircel.
- Russia has offered Indian oil companies a stake in the second phase of Yamal LNG, the biggest project to produce liquefied natural gas in the Arctic.
- Thousands flee S. Sudan fighting
- Civil War in Sudan – South Sudan declares independence.
- UN/Countries – recognize as independent country – Capital Juba
- Now Conflict with Sudan for Abyei region & Nuba mountains.
- December 2013, internal conflict started in South Sudan between President Kiir (Dinka Tribe) and his former deputy Riek Machar (Neur Tribe)
Like page so that you don’t miss any important post:
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]