Considering the Corona Virus pandemic, the Government of India imposed lockdown in the country beginning 24th March 2020 and on 29th March 2020 issued order ensuring that migrant workers stayed where they were or kept in the nearest shelter and respective state governments were required to take care of their food, accommodation etc. Consequently, two kinds of situation developed considering migrants workers & Rajasthan.
- Rajasthani migrant workers that have been stranded in other states.
- Migrant Workers from Other States that have been stranded in different districts of Rajasthan.
New Scheme for Issuing Transit Passes in Rajasthan w.e.f 10 MayRead Also
Rajasthani Workers Stranded in Other States
The state is among the first in the country to take concrete measures for bringing back migrant workers. To bring back Rajasthan Migrant Workers being stranded in other states, the State government has taken following steps:
- Appointment of State-wise Nodal Officers to coordinate with respective State Governments.
- Helpline Number(18001806127): The state government has issued a helpline number for its migrant workers in other states to collect data on their location, numbers and age in order to initiate talks with respective states of their safe return.
- The migrant workers can also register their details on rajcovidinfo app and on emitra.rajasthan.gov.in.
After registration, the Rajasthan government is obtaining consent from concerned state governments and also making arrangements for the movement of migrants in the state. Those who have their own vehicles may come in their vehicles after obtaining permission. Returning migrant workers will be kept in quarantine for 14 days.
Migrant Workers from Other States Stranded in Rajasthan
Simultaneously, the State government is also working to help migrant workers from other states to go out of Rajasthan. The nodal officers appointed by government are also coordinating to ensure safe passage to migrant workers. Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Haryana have already initiated the process to bring back migrant labourers stranded in other states.
The migrant workers will have to register themselves on emitra portal, e-mitra mobile app or e-mitra kiosk, or at helpline number 18001806127. After registration, Rajasthan government will seek permission from the respective state and will make arrangement for their return on a particular day and time according to the number of workers. Additionally, Collectors in Rajasthan will issue curfew passes to people of other states going back in their private vehicles.
As per News item, a total of about 19.22 Lac workers & other people have registered across platforms requesting travelling in/out of Rajasthan.
- 65% have registered to come to Rajasthan
- 35% have registered to go to their native state from Rajasthan.
- 3.28 Lac have come to Rajasthan till now.
- 1.01 Lac have been able to go their native state from Rajasthan.
This is not a government or official website. This is private information site, where information has been provided for benefit of people. We have made all efforts to provide genuine information & only government sites have been used for reference. However, users are requested to first check and act only on information provided by official sites.
Note: the government websites, official website all have .gov.in or .nic.in at the end of their address.