On 13th March 2020, Chief Minister of Rajasthan announced “Chief Minister Raj Neer Scheme” in the Vidhan Sabha.
Chief Minister Raj Neer Scheme
- Water charges will be waived if the monthly water consumption of domestic consumers is less than 15 thousand litres in the urban area of the state.
- For this non-working water meters will be replaced with smart water meters.
- In the first phase, 10 lakh water meters will be replaced in the next 3 years in 29 cities with more than one lakh population.
- For this, a provision of Rs 25 crore is being made in the financial year 2020-21.
- Similarly, 55 LPCD free drinking water will be supplied to domestic consumers in rural areas and up to 70 LPCD water consumption will be waived in desert areas.