On 30th November 2021, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has approved the state government’s ‘Back to Work’ scheme for women who had to quit their jobs due to family reasons. CM had announced the launch of the ‘Back to Work’ scheme during the discussion on the Finance and Appropriation Bill for the budget 2021-22.
Salient Features of Back to Work Scheme
- Regular or work-from-home job opportunities will be provided to such women with the help of the private sector.
- A target to provide 15,000 jobs in three years has been fixed. Priority will be given to widows, divorcees and victims of violence.
- Those women who will not be able to do regular office job will be provided work-from-home job opportunities.
- A single window system will be developed by the Directorate of Women’s Empowerment and CSR organization to help them in job facilitation.
- Skill and training will also be provided to women through Rajasthan knowledge Corporation Limited (RKCL), to make them employable.