In his address to the nation on 12th May 2020, Prime Minister Modi gave a clarion call for Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan (आत्मनिर्भर भारत अभियान) – or Self-Reliant India Movement.
To help mitigate ongoing Covid19 crisis and to provide much needed boost towards achieving ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ he announced a Special economic and comprehensive package of Rs 20 lakh crores – equivalent to 10% of India’s GDP.
He said that a self-reliant India will stand on five pillars viz.
- Economy, which brings in quantum jump and not incremental change;
- Infrastructure, which should become the identity of India;
- System, based on 21st century technology driven arrangements;
- Vibrant Demography, which is our source of energy for a self-reliant India; and
- Demand, whereby the strength of our demand and supply chain should be utilized to full capacity.
Main Components of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan:
Consequently, Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitaraman conducted a series of 5 press conferences and announced measures under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan (आत्मनिर्भर भारत अभियान). Measures announced in each of these presentations have been summarised as below posts:
|Date||Part||Focus Sectors & Posts|
|13/05/2020||Part I||MSME, EPF, Gareeb Kalyan, RERA, Credit|
|14/05/2020||Part II||Farmers, Migrants, Labours & their Credit Supply|
|15/05/2020||Part III||Agriculture & Allied Sectors|
|16/05/2020||Part IV||Coal, Minerals, Aviation, Defence, Space, |
Atomic Energy, Electricity Tariffs
|17/05/2020||Part V||Ease of doing business, Health, Education, Support|
to State Governments
Overall Stimulus provided by Atmanirbhar Bharat Package
|S. No||Item||Rs. Crores|
|4||Part IV & Part V||48,100|
|6||Earlier Measures inc. PMGKP||1,92,800|
|7||RBI Measures (Actual)||8,01,603|
Economic Stimulus Details:
- Covid19 Special Economic Package Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan – Download Presentation:
- 13 May 2020 – Download Part I PDF
- 14 May 2020 – Download Part II PDF
- 15 May 2020 – Download Part III PDF
- 16 May 2020 – Download Part IV PDF
- 17 May 2020 – Download Part V PDF
आत्मनिर्भर भारत | Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaan | Key Points | आत्मनिर्भर भारत | Special Economic package India