Annapurna Rasoi Scheme: Rajasthan
On the lines of the famous Amma canteen in Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan Government has initiated a programme of – Annapurna Rasoi Scheme which would provide quality food at affordable rate. Laborers, rickshaw pullers, auto drivers, students, working women, elders and other weaker section will be main beneficiary of the scheme.
Motto of Annapurna Rasoi – ”Subkeliye Bhojan, Subkeliye Samman” (Food to All and Respect to All).
Features of Annapurna Rasoi Scheme:
- Food will be served at highly subsidized rate, breakfast would cost Rs 5, lunch and dinner will cost Rs 8 each.
- In first phase, the scheme will be started in 12 districts which include Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Kota, Bikaner, Bharatpur, Pratapgarh, Dungarpur, Banswara, Baran and Jhalawar.
- 80 mobile vans would be used to distribute food at a place decided by the local self-government agencies in the district. The menu, quantity and rate would be displayed on the vans.
- The staff of the Rasois from preparing food to distribution would be given special uniform including a cap, apron, gloves and the employees would be those who were trained in hospitality industry.
- The remaining 21 districts will be covered in second phase.
- Anapurna rasoi scheme is expanded to serve breakfast/snacks to all 33 district collector office premises.
- Till 31th March, 2019, all the 191 Municipal Bodies are covered through 495 vans and food/snacks has been provided to 3,83,269 persons.