AMRUT Cities of Rajasthan
In June 2015, PM Modi launched the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) with focus to establish infrastructure that could ensure adequate robust sewage networks and water supply for urban transformation. A total of 500 Amrut cities would be taken up for development under the mission and will focus on:
- Water supply,
- Sewerage facilities and septage management,
- Storm water drains to reduce flooding,
- Pedestrian, non-motorized and public transport facilities, parking spaces, and
- Enhancing amenity value of cities by creating and upgrading green spaces, parks and recreation centers, especially for children.
AMRUT Mission in Rajasthan
Rajasthan was the first state to submit State Annual Action Plan under AMRUT. Consequently, 28 cities & 1 town in Rajasthan were selected under AMRUT Mission which Alwar, Beawar, Sikar, Nagaur, Bhiwadi, Pali, SawaiMadhopur, Tonk, Hanumangarh, Bundi, Sujangarh, Dholpur, Gangapur City, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, Sri Ganganagar, Churu, Jhunjhunu, Baran, Kishangarh, Hindaun City (town), Jaipur, Jodhpur, Ajmer, Kota, Bikaner, Udaipur, Bharatpur and Jhalawar.
The sectors identified under this mission are Water Supply, Sewerage & Septage, Drainage, Urban Transport and Green Spaces.
- Amrut cities Guidelines: PDF