3 New Welfare Schemes launched by President Kovind
On 13th May 2018, President Kovind launched the 3 new state government social welfare schemes aimed at uplifting the weaker sections of society. These schemes were announced by CM Raje during presentation of budget 2018-19. The President launched the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment’s:
- Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Antyodaya of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Class Swarozgar Yojana,
- Sunder Singh Bhandari EBC Swarozgar Yojana,
- SC-ST, OBC, Sanitation Workers, Divayang Loan Waiver Scheme
Bhairon Singh Shekhawat Antyodaya Scheme
- Under the Bhairon Singh yojana, loans of up to Rs 50,000 on 4% cent interest will be given to 50,000 ST/SC/ OBC and MBC families for creation of means of livelihood.
Sunder Singh Bhandari EBC Swarozgar Yojana
- Under the Sundar Singh Bhandari yojana, a loan of Rs 50,000 on 4% interest will be given to 50,000 economically backward families of the general category.
SC-ST, OBC, Sanitation Workers, Divayang Loan Waiver Scheme
- This scheme provides loan waiver of up to Rs 2,00, 000 to SC, ST, OBC, sweepers and ‘divyang’ by the Scheduled Caste Scheduled Caste Finance and Development Co-operative Corporation, taken after 1981 for purpose of self-employment.