Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana – Gramin
PradhanMantriAwasYojana Gramin(PMAY-G) was launched by Prime Minister on 20th November, 2016.
- Selection of beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin will be done on the basis of Socio Economic Caste Census-2011 (SECC-2011) data.
- The government provides a financial assistance of Rs. `1,20,000 to the beneficiaries.
- Along with this, an additional ` 12,000 will also be provided to build toilet to each beneficiary under the Swachch Bharat Mission.
- The beneficiaries are also be provided daily wages through MGNREGA.
- The expenditure is shared is in the ratio of 60:40 between Central and State Government.
Indira Awas Yojana (IAY)
The primary objective of IAY is to provide housing to members of scheduled castes/scheduled tribes, freed bonded labourers and non-SC/ST rural poor living Below Poverty Line by providing them grant-in aid. Since the financial year 1999-2000, upgradation of the unserviceable kutchha houses Credit cum Subsidy Scheme has also been included in this scheme. The features of the scheme are:
- 3 per cent of funds are reserved for specially abled persons living below the poverty-line in rural areas and 15 per cent of funds are for Minority.
- Assistance is sanctioned to the female member of the households or in the joint names of husband and wife.
- A minimum of 60 per cent of funds is to be utilized for construction of houses for the SC/ST people. Sanitary latrine and smokeless chulha are integral part of an IAY house. The Gram Sabha makes selection of beneficiaries under IAY.
- Selection of construction technology, materials and design is left entirely to the choice of beneficiaries. Middleman or contractors or departmental agency for construction of the house have no role in this respect.