RAS 2016 Preliminary examination was held in August 2016. The RAS/RTS Comb. Comp. Exam – 2016 (Pre) G.K and G.S (download) included questions from various topics of syllabus of RAS pre examination (download). This post contains RAS 2016 prelims paper analysis w.r.t questions vs topics in syllabus. The post is aimed to help students understand the relevance of various topics in the exam.
First: Few important things to note regarding RAS preliminary paper
- The Preliminary Examination consists of one paper on General Knowledge and General Science with 200 marks and duration of 3 hours. Unlike UPSC there in no separate CSAT paper and quantitative aptitude is part of Paper I itself and also its numbers are counted.
- There are 150 questions of multiple choice (Objective Type), carrying equal marks.
- There is negative marking with 1/3 mark being deducted for each wrong answer.
RAS 2016 Prelims Paper Analysis
Below is the number of questions that came from each topic of RAS prelims syllabus.
RAS/RTS Comb. Comp. Exam – 2016 (Pre) G.K and GK Paper
|S.NO||Topic||Percent||Number of Question|
|1||Rajasthan History, Culture, Literature||10%||15|
|4||Rajasthan Schemes & Policy||7%||11|
|5||Rajasthan Committees & Boards||3%||5|
|13||Indian (Union Govt.) Scheme||–||1|
|15||India & World Current Affairs||7%||11|
|16||Science & Technology||10%||15|
The other way to look at the data:
Yet Another way:
Conclusion: RAS 2016 Prelims Paper Analysis
- There were around 65 question from Rajasthan – with most from Rajasthan History, Geography, Polity & Schemes.
- From National or India section – History, Polity & Economy had most questions.
- There were 11 questions from India & world current affairs(main focus sports) – which means that one should focus not only on Rajasthan Current Affairs but cover other as well.
- Both Science & Technology and Quantitative Aptitude cannot be ignored if one wants to pass RAS preliminary examination -combined these two topics had 36 questions.
This is just a basic analysis, but as nothing is consistent as far as public service examinations are concerned, so the idea is to do a basic self-analysis from the above data and re-orient/check your study plan for RAS 2017 Preliminary Examination.
Feel free to discuss your observation in Comments.