Hello English App
- Government of Rajasthan, in collaboration with Hello English, has launched a social initiative – Upskill Proficiency in English for Rajasthan (UPER) to elevate English language skills across the state.
- The ten-week programme will be delivered through a mobile application named Hello English Premium mobile application, which has been designed for the project.
- It contains Hello English interactive English learning course and will be available for more than ten lakh students to improve their English through interactive lessons, games, and contextual practice exercises.
- Students from over 1,800 colleges are likely to benefit from this program.
Bhamashah Employment Generation Scheme
- The unemployed youth will be given 4 % interest subsidy in the Bhamashah employment generation scheme.
- Interested citizens can apply though State Government’s Self service portal.
- Loans of maximum 5 lacs are available for services & trade and upto 10 lacs are available for establishing Industrial units.
- Bhamashah Employment Generation Scheme Detail PDF
Person in NEWS:Priyanka Kumawat
- Priyanka Kumawat stood at second place in All India Junior Badminton Tournament 2017 Under-19 Girls’ Singles.
- She also won third place in doubles.
Every district will have mini-ICU ambulance
To provide medical facilities such as ICUs in the ambulance to patients of heart, kidney and other serious diseases, soon the 34 new ambulances with modern facilities will be provided to all the districts. These ambulances will only be for those serious patients who need Advanced Life Support System. In a way this mini will be like ICU. These include life-saving equipment, defibrillators, and cardiovascular devices to control heart failure. Initially, there is a plan to make ambulance available in all the districts.
Person in NEWS: Advir Singh Tanwar & Sandhya Solanki
- Advir Singh Tanwar & Sandhya Solanki from Rajasthan have been selected in the 60 and 81kg weight category for World Muaythai Youth Championship of martial arts to be held in Thailand’s capital Bangkok.
Aadhar card made mandatory to get birth and death certificates
- Rajasthan State government has issued a circular and made Aadhar mandatory for applicants seeking certificates to get birth and death certificates, in the municipalities across the state.
Golden Award for Rajasthan
- Rajasthan State has received ASSOCHAM‘s Golden Trophy Award for Best Performance in Skill Development.
- This makes Rajasthan the best all over the country in the field of skilling for third consecutive time in a row.
- In past, the state had already won the title for the FY 2014-15 and 15-16 consecutively.
Mahila Garima Helpline: 1090
A 24*7 helpline for reporting crimes, emergency, law and order situations, information on criminals and harassments against women – 1090 has been launched by Jaipur Police. Features of Mahila Garima Helpline Number:
- This is the steps taken by Jaipur Police to prevent tempering with women and Girls. This initiative will be also helpful to women empowerment.
- It will be also helpful to notify information on criminals and harassments.
- Victims can register their complaint on Mahila Garima Helpline Number 1090.
- Apart from this you can also complaint on through WhatsApp number (7300363636).
PM Modi to be in Udaipur on 29th
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will come to Udaipur on August 29. He will lay the foundation stone of projects of NHAI State Government of more than 25 thousand crores. including the foundation stone of Udaipur-Chittor 6-lane highway.
CM Helpline 181
- Chief Minister Helpline number 181 has been launched.
- The number is intended to help citizen of the state will be able to solve the problem related to the government departments.
- As per recent government release, 5080 Gram Panchayats have been declared open defecation free in Rajasthan
- Additionally, more than 59.5 lakh families got toilets.
Global IT Delivery Center inaugurated
- Chief Minister of the state inaugurated ‘Global IT Delivery Center’ at Mahindra World City, Jaipur.
- The center has been established with an investment of 100 crores.
- Once fully operation the center will provide employment to 1100 engineers, architects, IT and other professionals.
Despite Rajasthan receiving 21% more rain, 12 districts still dry
- As the third spell of the south-west monsoon has come to an end, the state has got 21% higher rain compared to 2016.
- Despite flood situation at many districts this year, 12 districts in the state have received deficit rainfall.
- According to the data available with the water resources department, the state has got an average rainfall of 408.27 mm which is 21 percent higher compared to 337.32 mm received up to July, 13, 2016.
- 12 districts including Sriganganagar, Hanumangarh, Bharatpur, Dholpur, Karauli, Sawai Madhopur, Jaipur, Alwar, Dausa, Jhunjhunu, Sikar and Baran have received a deficit rainfall.
Jhalawar gets award for education initiative
- Jhalawar got award for E-Gyankender initiative in the 10th World Education Summit held in Delhi.
- The initiative has also been included in ‘New Beginning‘ – a book of Innovation released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Civil Service Day 2017.
- The ‘World Education Award’ was presented to Jhalawar collector Jitendra Soni.