Rajasthan to be declared ODF ahead of deadline
- Rajasthan has achieved 100% toilet construction target before time and is all set to be declared ODF about one and-a-half years before deadline.
- In the last four years, the state has constructed over 79.29 lakh toilets in the rural areas covering 43,344 villages, 295 panchayat samitis and 9,894 gram panchayats to achieve the onerous task.
- Already 10 districts have been declared ODF and for remaining 23 districts only the formality of verification –district, state and third party – remains.
- According to government of India’s target for states, October 2, 2019 is the deadline to achieve 100% ODF status.
Rajasthan’s urban areas declared ODF
- The urban area of Rajasthan has been declared Open Defecation Free (ODF) in April 2018. All the 191 urban local bodies of the state became ODF.
All Gram Panchayats in the state declared ODF
- In the last four years, 100% achievement has been achieved by constructing 79 lakhs 29 thousand chaplains for the Clean India Mission (Rural) scheme.
- With all the 43344 villages and 295 Panchayat Samitis in the state, all the 9894 Gram Panchayats have been discharged from open defecation
CM Raje inaugurates e-library at Rajasthan High Court
- Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on Sunday inaugurated the e-library at Rajasthan High Court at Jaipur.
- This is the first library in Rajasthan and has been set up in the court premises.
- The e-library at Jaipur is the largest court library in India and also the first e-library with state of art search engines allowing swift access to case laws on any subject.
Rajasthan gets its first child-friendly police station
- Sadar Dholpur has become the state’s first child-friendly police station with a colourful room for children at the police station.
Almond-shaped trace fossils found in Barmer
- Some rare kinds of almond-shaped trace fossils have been discovered in Barmer.
- This is the fourth such discovery in the world after America, Mexico and Argentina.
Three govt hospitals get Kayakalp award
Three government hospitals of the Rajasthan bagged Kayakalp felicitation award.
- District hospital Jhunjhunu,
- District hospital Chittorgarh,
- Udaipur district’s community health centre situated in Nai.
MoU for tourism mart
- Chief secretary N C Goel signed an MoU with the Federation of Hospitality and Tourism of Rajasthan (FHTR) for organizing the ‘Rajasthan Domestic Travel Mart’ 2018.
- Rajasthan Domestic Travel Mart will be the second such platform in the country after Kerala Travel Mart.
- Vision 2020, Rajasthan had set a target 5 crore tourists arrivals by 2020. However in 2017 itself, the arrivals have already crossed 4.5 crore mark.
- Note: Tourism contributes around 15% to State’s GDP.
- Nyaya Aapke Dwar & Revenue Lok Adalats to start again from May 1 to June 30 in Rajasthan
- With the expansion of air connectivity in State, Swai Madhopur, Kota and Kishangarh are now connected to New Delhi by flight.
- Rajasthan’s first mega food park-Greentech Mega Food Park Private Ltd was inaugurated at Roopangarh Village in Ajmer district.