January 2018: Rajasthan Current Affairs Summary
African crow spotted for first time in Jodhpur
- African Crow has been spotted for the first time in India at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. The sole Pied Crow (corvus albus), smaller than the crows native to India and with white chest and belly, was spotted by an avid bird watcher.
State-level R-Day function in Bharatpur this year
- The state-level celebration of the 69th Republic Day will be held at the Lohagarh stadium in Bharatpur.
Tenders for two heritage hotels by March
- The Rajasthan government will issue tenders for the lease of two heritage hotels–Khasa Kothi in Jaipur and Anand Bhawan in Udaipur–by March.
- The two properties are not being sold but are being given on lease on a public-private-partnership model for operating and maintaining for a period of 30 years.
Rajasthan to digitise all historical records
- To protect old and fragile documents, the Rajasthan government is digitising 10,000 pages daily to preserve administrative and historical records of Rajputana’s princely states.
- The online records will help research scholars, administrative departments of state government, judiciary and general public.
- Currently, Rajasthan State Archive has more than 30-40 crore administrative and historical records of 22 princely states. However, it selected 3-4 crore documents for digitisation, which are important for scholars, general public, government and judiciary.
JK Lon hospital
- State’s first newborn screening laboratory has started functioning at Jaipur’s JK Lon Children’s Hospital.
Additional stations of NWR to get Wifi
North-Western Railways (NWR) which had already installed high-speed Wi-Fi at its 13 stations is now extending the facility to more stations. Now, Bhilwara, Rani, Marwar, Suratgarh, Sri Ganganagar, Hissar, Bhiwani, Lalgarh, Bandikui, Rewari, Barmer, Nagaur and Pali (Marwar) will also soon have access to the facility of high-speed internet in coming days.
NWR had earlier decided to install Wi-Fi at all the A1 category and A category railway stations. Under this, in the first phase, internet facility was given at Jaipur, Ajmer, Udaipur and Jodhpur stations.
Republic Day celebrated in Bharatpur
- Governor Shri Kalyan Singh flagged off the state-level Republic Day celebrations held in Lohgarh stadium of Bharatpur.
2018 Padma Awardee from Rajasthan
- Narayan Das Maharaj and Maharao Raghuveer Singh from Rajasthan have been awarded Padma Shri in 2018.
- Shri Narayana Das ji Maharaj, an awardee from Spiritualism field, has providednotable contribution in the field of spirituality and by making a significant contribution in the field of literature and education.
- Shri Raghuvir Singh of Sirohi who has been awarded from Literature & education field, is specially knowledgeable in history and Sanskrit and is working for preserving historical and religious places.
‘Night tourism’ in Jaipur
CM Raje recently launched ‘night tourism’ in Jaipur. The launched first phase includes ensuring illumination of the walled city covering Chaura Rasta, Tripolia Gate and New Gate in the city. The Department of Archaeology and Museums has been appointed as the executive agency for carrying out the project. The illumination work includes the external façade lighting of Johari Bazar, Tripolia Bazar and Chaura Rasta.
Mothers Milk Bank launched in Dholpur
- Recently, District hospital in Dholpur got mothers milk bank. This is the 12th mothers’ milk bank of the state.
IUCAW teams to be launched in 7 districts
- Investigation Unit for Crime Against Women (IUCAW) has been planned to launch in 7 districts of state to prevent crime against women.
- The IUCAW team will be launched in Ajmer, Sri Ganganagar, Alwar, Udaipur, Pratapgarh, Jhalawar and Jodhpur.
- This team will have a deputy SP, two CIs, one SI and a Sepoy cum driver.
New Biodiversity Park
- State Government has approved launch of new Biodiversity park in Alwar.
‘Best Performing Smart City’ survey results
Ministry of Urban Development and Housing had recently conducted survey in 20 cities in the smart city project. The evaluation was done on the basis of project selection, implementation and monitoring. In this survey, Udaipur has achieved the fourth position in the ranking.
Barmer Refinery Project worth Rs 43,000 will be a project of many firsts in our country:
- 1st Ultra Modern Refinery & Petrochemical Complex
- 1st Indian Greenfield Refinery designed to produce BS-VI grade fuel.
Next Gram Agritech Meet in Jodhpur
- After Udaipur in 2017, the next GRAM Agritech meet will be organised in Jodhpur.
Jaipur women honoured with First Ladies Award
Three Jaipur women – Dr Asha Pande, Chhavi Rajawat and Manju Devi Yadav were among the the 112 women honoured by President Ram Nath Kovind at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The awards – instituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development – were given to women who are the first ones to set a milestone in their respective fields.
- Professor Asha Pande,founder director of Rajasthan University’s Master in European Studies Programme, has promoted French language and culture in the state for more than four decades.
- Chhavi Rajawat set a milestone in 2010 when she was elected as the first MBA Sarpanch of Soda village, Tonk.
- Manju Devi Yadav, works as Coolie at Jaipur Railway Station. She has helped break Gender bias.
Fairs & Festivals in Rajasthan in January
- Jaisalmer Desert Festival
- Nagaur Fair