African crow spotted for first time in Jodhpur
- African Crow has been spotted for the first time in India at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. The sole Pied Crow (corvus albus), smaller than the crows native to India and with white chest and belly, was spotted by an avid bird watcher.
State-level R-Day function in Bharatpur this year
- The state-level celebration of the 69th Republic Day will be held at the Lohagarh stadium in Bharatpur.
Tenders for two heritage hotels by March
- The Rajasthan government will issue tenders for the lease of two heritage hotels–Khasa Kothi in Jaipur and Anand Bhawan in Udaipur–by March.
- The two properties are not being sold but are being given on lease on a public-private-partnership model for operating and maintaining for a period of 30 years.
Rajasthan to digitise all historical records
- To protect old and fragile documents, the Rajasthan government is digitising 10,000 pages daily to preserve administrative and historical records of Rajputana’s princely states.
- The online records will help research scholars, administrative departments of state government, judiciary and general public.
- Currently, Rajasthan State Archive has more than 30-40 crore administrative and historical records of 22 princely states. However, it selected 3-4 crore documents for digitisation, which are important for scholars, general public, government and judiciary.