General Studies-1 (GS 1 Websites-PDF) : Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
GS 1 Websites-PDF Culture & Heritage of India
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- CCRT Website . See Resources section.
- Youtube: Indian Art & Culture by Ishani Pandya – See Lecture series
- Architecture & Culture of India – RajRAS- Summary Book
- India Art & Culture: 1300 – 1900
- NIOS PDF on Indian Art & Culture
GS 1 Websites-PDF on Ancient & Medieval Indian History:
- Ancient History (R. S. Sharma ): Download PDF (Out of Print)
- Medieval History (Satish Chandra): Download PDF (Out of Print)
GS 1 Websites-PDF on Modern Indian History
- Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues.
- The Freedom Struggle — its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
- Jagranjosh – history of Modern India Posts
GS 1 Websites-PDF on World History
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc.— their forms and effect on the society.
- IAS Nitin Sangwan – World History Notes
GS 1 Websites-PDF on Social Aspects
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- ClearIAS notes on Indian Society
- Youtube: Mrunal Sir lecture on Urbanization & Remedies
- Social Issues: Insightsonindia
- Insightsonindia PDF module on Social Issues
GS 1 Websites-PDF on World Geography
- Salient features of world’s physical geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sector industries in various parts of the world (including India).
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location-changes in critical geographical features (including water-bodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.
- Collection of Geography Articles of ClearIAS
- IAS Nitin Sangwan – Geography Notes