Patients at remote locations to benefit from telemedicine
- Soon people in remote rural Rajasthan will be able to consult medical experts through telemedicine. An agreement was signed between Government of Rajasthan and Kolkata-based Global Health Care Systems.
- Telemedicine services will be available at 100 healthcare centers across the state, including 31 district hospitals, 19 sub-divisional hospitals, six satellite hospitals and 44 community health centers.
- Telemedicine is the use of telecommunications and information technology to provide clinical health care from a distance. The real-time technology allows healthcare professionals to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients in remote locations using telecommunication technology.
Rajasthan’s first napkin incinerator to be installed in Jodhpur
- After installation of vending machines for sanitary napkins in girls schools in Rajasthan, Rajasthan’s first napkin disposal incinerator will be installed in Jodhpur.
- These incinerators will be eco-friendly made of clay with no-pollution content, whatsoever, and would cost just Rs 2,000 in comparison to the electric incinerators, which cost Rs 10,000-25,000. These incinerators will convert the used napkins into ash which will also be used as fertilizer.
Bundi is the first city in the country to be digital mapped with a comprehensive database
- Bundi becomes the first city to have a detailed and minute digital map with a database containing demographical and geographical information. The digitalized map of the tourist city include information on small lanes, trees, electric and phone lines, poles, pillars along with details of houses, buildings, monuments, and shops.
New Announcements from Union minister for labour and employment Bandaru Dattatreya for Rajasthan
- Rajasthan government will get three new hospitals of 100 beds each at Udaipur, Neemrana and Bikaner. They are in addition to already approved hospitals and will be operated by ESIC (Employee’s State Insurance Corporation).
- Under second generation of reforms, ministry will upgrade 25 dispensaries into a six bed hospital across 25 districts in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan will also have three new model career counselling centers (MCC). Three are already operational at Kota, Bikaner and Bharatpur. State government has been asked to identify the districts where they want it to set up MCC and send proposal to center.
Rajasthan to launch ‘Jaipur Festival of Education’ in August
- Rajasthan government will be hosting two-day Jaipur Festival of Education in August,
- The festival aims at enhancing opportunities in education sector and improving quality of existing system in Rajasthan.
- The festival is being jointly organized by Rajasthan state government and Dubai-based Gems Education Foundation.
Rajasthan set to begin work on its first river-linking project
- Rajasthan Government has kicked off preparations for its first river-interlinking project – ensuring flow of excess rainwater in Chambal and Brahmani rivers to Bisalpur dam.
- Once operational, the project will ensure smooth drinking water supply to 19 towns and around 3000 villages in Jaipur, Ajmer, Tonk and Nagaur districts.
- The Project:
- Construction of a dam to store monsoon flows in Brahmani river;
- A diversion system will be constructed to take water from the Brahmani dam to Bisalpur dam;
- A pump house to lift water from Jawahar Sagar dam on the Chambal river;
- A transmission system will be made to bring water from Jawahar Sagar dam to diversion system and Brahmani dam; and from here, water will be sent to the Bisalpur dam through a 54km tunnel, which will have a 20km open channel.
- The Bisalpur dam, completed in 1999 on the Banas river, caters to water needs of Ajmer and Jaipur.
Rajasthan government to use GeM portal for procurement of goods & services\
- The Rajasthan government has joined the Union in carrying out procurements of goods and services for the government departments through online portal ‘Government e-Marketplace’ (GeM). Visit GEM: Here
- GeM is a Information-technology-driven platform to facilitate procurement of goods and services by various ministries, departments and agencies of the government. Under this, suppliers who wish to do business with the government can register and participate in bidding which will happen online.
Jaipur gets its first lady police patrol unit
- The Pink City Jaipur got its first lady police patrol unit which includes a group of 52 women constables, who will patrol various spots of the city on 26 two wheelers to curb cases of sexual harassment. The primary focus of this patrolling unit will be to effectively address the grievances of women in the city.
- Udaipur was the first to launch an all-women patrolling wing in the state in October last year.
Government hospital in Jhalawar 1st in Rajasthan to get helipad
- The Heera Kanwar Baa Janana Hospital in Jhalawar is the first government hospital in the state to get a helipad for air ambulance.The helipad is meant to transport severely sick and accidental patients from Jhalawar to Jaipur, Delhi, Mumbai, etc.
Great Indian Bustard hatching center to come up in Jaisalmer
- Government of Rajasthan, Wildlife Institute of India (WII) and the Union Government have reached an agreement to establish a GIB hatching centre in the Desert National Park (DNP) region in Jaisalmer district. After this, a GIB breeding centre would be setup at Sorasan in Baran district.
Rajasthan Assembly passes GST Bill
- The Rajasthan assembly passed the state Goods and Services Tax Bill 2017 by voice vote, becoming the third state after Telangana and Bihar to adopt the tax reform measure.
Rajasthan inks MoU for Rs 2,000 crore MRO facility
- Rajasthan government entered into an agreement with Shri Vallabh Pittie (SVP) Group to set up an aircraft maintenance, repairing and overhaul (MRO) facility in Jhalawar with an investment of Rs 2000 crore and is expected to create about 2000 new job opportunities.
THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED EVERY WEEK