Rajras Current Affairs August 15
Happy 70th Independence Day
NEWS: 1st Phase of Smart Ganga City Program launched in 10 Cities
- Union Government launched Phase I of Smart Ganga City Program in 10 Cities.
- 10 Cities/Towns are Haridwar, Rishikesh, Mathura, Varanasi, Kanpur, Allahabad, Lucknow, Patna, Sahibganj and Barrackpore.
- Under this programme, Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and improved drainage network will be set up using hybrid annuity mode on public private partnership basis.
NEWS: Assam seeks more funds more ex-militants
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal’s has demanded from Union to increase the monthly stipend of surrendered militants.
- CM wants stipend given to surrendered militants to increase from RS. 3,000 to RS. 10,000.
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) reimburses the amount paid to the surrendered cadres by the State government under the Security Related Expenditure (SRE) scheme.
- But Centre is in a fix, because it fit agrees now, other states may also starting demanding more money.
NEWS: MIT Researchers create Gold Leaf tattoos that can control smart devices
- Researchers have created temporary metallic tattoo that can be used to control your computer, smartphone and other connected devices.
- These temporary tattoos have been named DuoSkin, and use layers of gold leaf that that can be worn directly on the skin.
- The tattoos convert skin into a track pad, letting users connect to a computer or smartphone and control apps by swiping on the tattoo itself,
NEWS: Modi to pay homage to Pramukh Swami
- Pramukh Swami was founder of Akshardham temples and a noted saint of the Swaminarayan sect
- He passed away on 13th
- Assam becomes first state to pass the amended GST Bill (122 Constitution Amendment Bill, 2014)
- 64th Nehru Race boat held at Punnamada lake in Alappuzha
- Nehru Boat Race is held on Second Saturday of August Every year
- Snake Boat – Chundan Vallams