- Dr. Shyama Prasad Mookerjee: Birthday ( 6th July)
Served as Minister for Industry and Supply in Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru’s cabinet. Mukherjee quit the Indian National Congress and founded the right wing nationalist Bharatiya Jana Sangh (which later evolved into BJP) in 1951.
Scheme: Dr. Shyama Prasad Mookerjee – Rurban Mission
What: Transform rural areas to economically, socially and physically sustainable spaces
How: Develop 300 Smart Village clusters, with an investment of Rs 5,100 crore in three years.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has launched ‘MySpeed’ mobile application for measuring real time mobile Internet speed that consumers get.
- State Bank of India (SBI) has launched SBI Mingle, a social media-banking platform for Facebook and Twitter users. The Platform will allow SBI’s customers to access various banking services through mentioned social platforms.
- To mitigate the shortfall in availability of pulses and to supplement the existing efforts to meet domestic demand, Union Government has entered into long term G2G arrangement for Supply of Pulses with Mozambique. The cabinet approved this MOU yesterday.
- The world’s largest Charkha was unveiled at the Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) in New Delhi.
- Para swimmer Niranjan Mukundan has won eight medals at the recently-concluded IWAS (International Wheelchair and Amputee Sports) U-23 World Games held in Prague, Czech Republic.
- The Union Cabinet has approved signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Tanzania (Capital: Dodoma) in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- Interest Subvention (Byaj mein sahayata): The Union Cabinet has approved the Interest Subvention Scheme for farmers for the year 2016-17.
- Budget Approved: 18,276 Crore.
- What? Farmers get short-term loan (Less than 1 year), up to 3 lacs at 4% interest rate.
- Union Cabinet approves National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
- Target: target of training 50 lakh apprentices by 2019-20.
- Budget: INR 10,000 Cr
- Implemented by Director General of Training (DGT) under the aegis of Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE)
- How: Provide financial incentives to the employers to engage apprentices. Union Government will directly share
- 25% of the total stipend payable to an apprentice.
- 50% of the total expenditure incurred on providing basic training of apprentice.
- International Borders:
- India recognizes International Boundary based on Radcliffe line (1947). However,on ground,
- Gujarat to Punjab: International Boundary
- Kashmir: On ground -Line of Control (LOC) which is different from International Boundary. It was demarcated after the Simla pact in 1972.
- East: Arunachal Pradesh
- On Paper: Mcmohan Line:
- Line agreed to by Britain and Tibet as part of the Simla Accord, a treaty signed in 1914.
- India: recognizes Mcmohan line as Border.
- China: does not recognize, says treaty done by Tibet not China.
- On Site: Mcmohan line only: Chinese occupied areas briefly during 1962 war but left.
- West: Laddak area
- India: wants to consider: Johnson line
- China: wants to consider: line similar to the Macartney–MacDonald Line.
- However, On site: Line of Actual Control (LAC)
- India-Bangladesh: International Border(IB)
- Trivia: Pakistan- Afghanistan: Durand Line
NASA: JUNO MISSION: A recall
Like page so that you don’t miss any important post: