Note to readers:
- Beginning today, we are also opening Q & A section,
- In Q & A, daily practice questions for Prelims (5-10) shall be shared.
- While Question for mains shall be strictly from today’s news, that of prelims can be from any day of current affairs.
- Answers shall be given next day.
- Link to Todays Q&A Post: Link
Current Affairs: 15th July
- Union Cabinet has approved allocation of 12,000 crore rupees to Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
- Under Union Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
- Funds will be used to
- Impart skill training to 60 lakh youths
- Certify skills of 40 lakh persons acquired non-formally.
- India launched operation ‘Sankat Mochan’ to evacuate Indian citizens stranded in South Sudan’s capital Juba.
- Undertaken by Indian Airforce
- Plane: C-17 Globemaster (USA se imported)
- Senior IPS officer Ashok Patnaik as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID).
- What is NATGRID?
- NATGRID is an ambitious counter terrorism programme.
- It is an intelligence sharing network that collates data from databases of the various agencies and ministries and analyze to help track suspected terrorists and prevent terrorist attacks.
- Like NIA( National Intelligence Agency) & NCTC ( National Counter Terrorism Center) , NATGRID is also an after-measure of 26/11 Mumbai event.
- Union Cabinet has approved Revised Cost Estimate (RCE) of 7290.62 crore rupees for the ongoing 1020 MW Punatsangchhu-II Hydroelectric Project (HEP) in Bhutan.
- Peru has declared Zika outbreak as a health emergency across the northern half of the country after 102 people were infected with the virus.
- What is Zika Virus?
- Zika virus is a mosquito-borne virus transmitted by Aedes aegypti mosquitoes which also also transmit 3 other vector-borne diseases Chikungunya, dengue and yellow fever.
- Why name Zika: Because first identified in Zika Forest, Uganda.
- Union government approved the revival of three defunct Fertilizer Units located at:
- The Centre announced an extension of a deadline under the Income Declaration Scheme, aimed at bringing undeclared income and assets into the tax net to, September 30, 2017.
- Ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh to curb blackmoney: SIT on Black Money
- SIT on Black Money Head: MB Shah
[themencode-fb-page-widget page=”https://www.facebook.com/Rajras-1835370626603310″ width=”250″ height=”50″ hide_cover=”true” show_faces=”false” show_posts=”false”]
Rajras – a site dedicated to preparation of Rajasthan Administrative Services and Indian Administrative Services. Rajras provides free knowledge/information related to RAS/IAS syllabus, study material & current affairs.