Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje inaugurated a high-tech police control room ‘Abhay Command Center’.
- The centre is based at the Jaipur police commissionerate and was set up with the help of Rajasthan IT Department.
- It is equipped with facilities to conduct video surveillance, analyze call recordings and track vehicles among others.
- The command center is connected with 464 CCTV camera which are installed at the city’s busiest roads.
- The centre has various softwares which would be used in various kind of tracking through LCD monitoring. It also has 16 receivers to take this much of calls at a time.
- Similar Abhay command centers will be set up at the divisional-level by June-end and district headquarters will be linked with the command centers in a phased manner later.
Benefits of Abhay Command Centers:
- The center will help in surveillance, vehicle tracking and mob control.
- The analysis of videos, call records and other data will help in crime control, traffic management and identification of criminals